Thursday, April 3, 2014

{find peace within}

Hello there! It's Smitha here with this months dose of "Make it colorful"

The contents of this months Mixed Media Kit are really vibrant and colorful, but I chose to work with the blues only.

I'm altering a 12 by 12 piece of chipboard here and I have punched holes on the left for it to fit into my album later. I started by rubbing the mini Staz On pads directly onto the chipboard. I also colored the mini circle canvases similarly.


Next, I added some gesso and the gold pigment paint from the kit to add some texture and shine. I actually ended up using my fingers to move the paint around.


To add dimension to this, I cut up the mini canvases and adhered them along the bottom. This symbolizes the clutter/chaos/broken fragments of life. I added some of the Mica chips (there are simply fabulous and this bottle never leaves my desk these days!) and the chipboard bird too.
I finished this off with a title and lots of doodling with my fine black pen.
And here are some close up details...

This mixed media layout was a whole lot of fun to make! I hope you leave here inspired to create something of your own.





1 comment: