Saturday, May 24, 2014

Simply stencils - Mixed Media Layout

Hello there! Here comes my final project with the May kit. For this layout I wanted to mainly use the Stampendous stamps set (by Nathalie Kalbach). I just love these designs!! And there is also a free template included in the stamp set, by the way!!! Therefore, be prepared for yet another stencil project :) ...

This is how I did the layout background:

I sprayed some yellow and green spray ink directly onto the white cardstock. The colours I used are by Lindy´s Stamp Gang (Yellow Rose of Texas and Rusty Lantern Lime). 
Next I took some black and grey dye ink and stamped with the "Wired" stamp set near the areas where my photos would later be. The grey ink is a shadow ink and will end up being a much lighter tone, when dry.
After that I applied some black Glimmer Glaze and created random ink splatters for contrast. 
I really like adding ink splatters to my layout background so I added a few more :). This time I first used the "New Sprout" ink spray (from the kit). And a Lindy´s Starburst colour "Shabby Turbine Teal". 
Then I proceeded by placing the stencil that was included in the stamp set over the cardstock and dabbed randomly over the stencil with VersaMark ink. 
After that I just first poured some grey embossing powder over the inked area and after that added the green powder. Then I just heated the powder with a heat gun. 
This is how my background looked before adding the photos, embellishments, the title and journaling.
This is the finished layout. I added some vellum paper to the edges and painted it with the blue "Beach Hut" tone and stamped with black dye ink and the circle dot stamp from the kit over it. I love the look of the vellum when painted with the Fresco Paints!! I also treated the wooden heart with the light green chalk ink that was in the kit. Other than that I left the embellishments as they were (untreated).


I hope you have enjoyed this little step-by-step and get those stencils and stamps out and play a little :)!!
xoxo, Sanna

4 comments: